Friday, February 1, 2013

Peasant Bread

This has become my favorite bread! I love to dip it into my broccoli cheddar soup I make. I always eat WAY too much of it. I could eat it every day!
Okay, I'm just looking at this picture and getting hungry for it again! It is so crispy on the outside and so chewy on the inside. Here's the pinterest link.



So, here's all you're going to need for the recipe.

4 cups flour
2 tsp salt
2 cups warm water
1 Tbs sugar
2 tsp yeast
2 Tbs softened butter for greasing
I mix the water, sugar and yeast in my mixer and let it stand for 10 minutes or so. I then add the salt and flour and I'm done! Well, almost done. She says that her bread is really wet still but mine never ends up that wet. I don't know if it's the altitude but hey, the bread turns out great!
Butter 2 pyrex bowls, divide the dough into 2, and place it in the bowls. Let it rise till it's double in size at least. Mine never rise as much as her picture either. But again, still good!
Bake at 425F for 10 minutes then turn the oven down to 375F and bake for 22-25 minutes longer. Take the loaves out and pop the bread out of the bowls. ENJOY!

1 comment: