Sunday, January 22, 2012

Cheesy Garlic Biscuits

I LOVE (and by love I mean I will eat a whole dozen) the biscuits from Red Lobster. They are sooooo yummy! When I saw this recipe from Pinterest, I had to give it a try. We both loved them. Am I saying the word love too much? The only problem I had with them was there was too much salt in the topping and I can't figure out how to make sure that the bottom of the biscuits isn't too crunchy. Otherwise, they were great! The hubby kept eating them and was happy/upset that I'd made them. He's trying to watch what he eats!
Here's what these biscuits look like. Mmmmm, I need to get me some more Bisquick so I can make these again!

Cheesy Garlic Biscuits Recipe
Makes 12

1 1/2 cups Bisquick
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp oregano
3/4 tsp garlic salt

1. Preheat your oven to 400F. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
2. Put biscuit mix, cheese and milk in a bowl and mix well to form a sticky dough.
3. Using a spoon, drop lumps of dough onto the cookie sheet. Bake for 10 min.
4. In a bowl, melt butter and mix with oregano and garlic salt (this is where I'd use less garlic salt because they seemed just a little too salty)
5. When the timer goes off, take them out and brush with butter mixture and bake 5 min. at 400F and another 5-6 min. at 350F.
6. Transfer into a plate and serve immediately.

Again, these were really good and different then just eating a slice of breath with butter. Sooo much better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment